Saturday 1 August 2009

It's Been A While


The football season is only two weeks away, and like many I am getting very excited at the prospect. It has been a long summer of tennis, golf and cricket. I don't mind the tennis and the golf but I'm afraid that the cricket bores me even more than sitting through a Paul McCartney concert on Sky+ and rewinding it to the start every time he does that Frog Chorus shit. It just ain't cricket, only marginally better.

Before I go any further I would like to say how sad I was to hear of Sir Bobby Robson's death yesterday. The world of football has lost a great, great man who will be sadly missed by genuine football fans the world over. The memories he gave us over the years have certainly enriched my football experience and had it not been for that cheating little Argie bastard using his hand, who knows how the history books would have looked. RIP Sir Bobby, a true legend and gentleman.

Today is the opening of The Emirates Cup and as I write, Rangers and PSG have just started as the anticipation of the main event grows. Since I last wrote there has been a quite a bit of transfer activity and rumours. Adebayor and Toure have both left us and as far as I am concerned, good riddance to the former. He was lazily coasting to his fat pay cheque last season and I hope he does the same in the future for his even fatter pay cheque. These rich fuckers have little respect for the beautiful game and I sincerely hope their project fails miserably. As far as Kolo goes, I wish him well as he never gave less than 100% for us and Arsene obviously didn't see him as part of his future plans. I really don't know how I feel at the prospect of Vieira re joining us. I can see that his presence and legendary Arsenal status could be a good thing and signing him could be a masterstroke. On the other hand I feel that we really need to sign a defensive midfielder to complement the current squad and who is going to be around for years to come, someone of this stature. Naldo of Werder Bremen is another player I would like to see at Arsenal but I may be biased as I signed him for my FIFA 09 team.

Anyway, I am off to relax and watch the aperitif that is Rangers v PSG. Until the next time.... WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO, WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO, WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO, OH ARSENAL WE LOVE YOU.



No comments:

Post a Comment