- Almunia and Fabianski are way below the goalkeeping standard required for a first and second choice keeper.
- Adebayor was sold and never replaced
- We are unable to defend as a unit
- With RVP injured we are left with Vela and Bendtner who are unproven at top level and unfortunately Eduardo has not fully recovered from his break.
- We are unable to deliver a decent cross on a consistent basis.
- We try to pass the ball through the eye of a needle around the box and we lack that 'killer' ball.
Monday, 8 February 2010
There's always next season
So here we are three quarters into our big four game run and we have secured one point. I remember thinking before the Villa game that if we could get seven points from this run, we would be in a great position. Sadly we are now in a less than great position but crucially we are still JUST in with a chance. I personally don't think we can win the title but we are more than capable of winning the rest of our games. The truth is that we won't win them all and will probably finish 3rd or 4th.
I think we all know what has gone wrong and Arsene Wenger really has fallen short of making the appropriate adjustments needed to step up into the level that Man U and Chelsea are at. The sad thing is that they are not world beaters and Man U especially are there for the beating but you need to know how to beat them, and more importantly, you need a defence and goalkeeper capable of preventing them scoring.
I am not happy with our manager's contribution of late but I am also unhappy with some of the comments on forums calling him amongst other things, a cunt. Arsene Wenger is not and will never be a cunt. I imagine the assholes referring to him in such a way are devoid of any love of the beautiful game and are not true fans of the club. I love what Wenger has done since his appointment and will never forget watching some of the most enjoyable football this great club has ever seen.
The squad we have is not very far from being the best, and without the injuries and a few other inadequacies I honestly believe we could be title winners. The following list below outlines what I believe to be the main reasons we have fallen short this season.
Thanks for reading and on a positive, we still have St Totteringham's day to look forward to in the coming months. Here's to a quick recovery and three points against the scousers on Wednesday. COME ON THE ARSENAL !!!